Lugabug Travel Seat
Easy Travel for Families
The best family travel adventures begin with the right equipment. Meet Lugabug. The easiest way to carry your child while traveling.
The Lugabug travel seat is a collapsible and economical family travel accessory for quality-conscious buyers who prefer a compact product that minimizes their load – not adds to it – and reduces chaos while traveling.
Designed in partnership with leading industry experts, Lugabug is built using high quality material for durability, comfort, and safety.
Durable and Comfortable
- Hammock-like fit and feel.
- Constructed with 1200 denier nylon material and lined on the inside with 3D spacer mesh.
- Adjustable top, side and angle straps to fit standard carry-on friendly luggage.
- Lap belt included, simple one-strap design.
Lightweight and Compact
- Weighs just over 1 lb. and measures 13.5” x 13" x 1.5"
- Easily stored on the outside or inside of a carry-on.
- Folds flat against luggage to use as an extra pocket, or as a stand-alone seat and/or sitting pad.
- The top strap can be adjusted and worn over the shoulders to carry extra stuff.
SECURE SEAT TIGHTLY TO YOUR LUGGAGE
- Extend the handle on your suitcase and slip the adjustable strap over the top handle.
- Check seat position so it is centered on the front of your luggage for optimal support and weight distribution.
- Attach the side strap around the back of your luggage and adjust straps to ensure a tight fit, leaving no slack.
- Adjust the side angle straps evenly so that the seat base tilts slightly upward at an acute angle (less than 90 degrees). Seat should not be parallel to or angled down towards ground.
HOLD HANDLE WHILE CHILD GETS SEATED
- Hold handle firmly as child sits safely in seat.
- While still holding onto handle, secure lap belt (optional).
TILT SUITCASE BACK AND OFF YOU GO!
What is the recommended age and weight?
The Lugabug is intended for use by one child, age two or older, with a maximum weight of 50 lbs.
The recommended age of 2 years is based on the average child’s ability to climb up-down-or on/off things unassisted. Toddlers of all ages have used the seat, so long as they’re able to sit-and stand independently, parent discretion.
Is there a lap strap?
Yes, a single strap lap belt is included. Lugabug is made to feel hammock-like and ensure the child fits snug and secure. It can be used with or without a lap strap.
Some prefer the flexibility of their child independently getting in and out of their Lugabug. Others prefer to use a lap strap to ensure the child stays within reach.
What kind of luggage works best with Lugabug?
For optimal use, we recommend:
- Two-wheel roller luggage due to its reliability and durability across variable surfaces. Spinners with high quality, robust wheeling systems may be used.
- Wheeled luggage made of soft-sided ballistic nylon or polyester material. Luggage made of polycarbonate, or hard sided material, may compress the bag and cause the seat to be off center.
What size luggage can be used?
The Lugabug is designed to be used with a standard carry-on, sizes ranging between 18” to 22”.
The top, side and angle straps can be adjusted to fit most luggage sizes. Small totes functionally work with Lugabug yet the ease and mobility depends on the size of your child and the structure and quality of the tote. Standard checked luggage sizes range between 23” to 32”.
What wheeled luggage brands are known for their durability and quality?
The following luggage brands offer a wide variety in price and have been routinely named for their quality and durability: Tumi, Briggs & Riley, Victorinox (Swiss Army) and Travel Pro Crew 10 Series. We are also big fans of REI Wheeled Duffels or the eBag TLS Motherlode Wheeled Duffel.
How do I secure Lugabug to my luggage?
Securing Lugabug to your suitcase can be done in matter of seconds, in (3) easy steps:
STEP 1 - Slip the adjustable top strap over the top of your suitcase handle.
STEP 2 - Attach the side strap around the back.
STEP 3 - Hold onto the suitcase handle while your child sits in the chair, tilt back and off you go!
For optimal weight distribution, ease and agility when pulling your child, inspect that the Lugabug is level and centered on the front of the suitcase. It is important to make adjustments using the top, side and angle straps as outlined in the instructions to ensure maximum comfort.
What color options can I choose from?
Currently Lugabug is only available in (1) color - black with grey + reflective stripe and accents.
Can my child sit on their Lugabug if the suitcase is not being pulled?
Never leave your child unattended when the Lugabug is attached to a suitcase in an open, seated position. Once removed from luggage, the Lugabug can be used as a stand-alone seat.
It is important to read all product warnings and instructions prior to using your Lugabug.
What multi-functional uses exist with Lugabug?
Lugabug has a few multi-functional uses: a travel seat and extra pocket when attached to luggage, and a stand-alone seat (a.k.a. camp chair) when not used on luggage. The top strap can also be re-adjusted to the side straps and worn over the shoulders to carry extra stuff.
What is Lugabug's return policy?
We strive to manufacture the best product possible and expect it to last. Lugabug is backed with a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we're here for you! Please email us with questions or concerns at email@example.com.